Call the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and ask for your Senator. When you are connected to their office, ask to speak with the legislative director - speak to them or leave a strong message urging them to support Puerto Rico debt crisis legislation before July 1.
What to Say to your Senator:
"Please vote YES on the Puerto Rico Oversight, Management and Economic Stability Act to address Puerto Rico's debt crisis before July 1. It is vital that this legislation passes before Puerto Rico defaults on July 1st."
Thanks for taking action! Please see additional resources below:
After calling Congress, you can also support our Puerto Rico campaign by donating today.
Click here to participate in prayers for Puerto Rico.
· Watch and share Eric LeCompte's testimony before Congress
· Read Eric LeCompte's statement at a Congressional hearing
More information on Puerto Rico:
- A timeline of Puerto Rico's debt crisis
- An overview of Puerto Rico's debt crisis
- Puerto Rico's religious leaders' call for Jubilee in English and Spanish
A Sample of Jubilee USA's Efforts in Puerto Rico in the News:
- Miami Herald - How Puerto Rico Got Into Its Current Financial Mess
- Bloomberg - Supreme Court Appears Receptive to Puerto Rico's Argument
- Wall Street Journal - Debt Crisis Looms over Puerto Rico GOP Primary
- CBS News - As debt crisis deepens, Puerto Rico's fate hangs in the balance
- NBC News - Supreme Court agrees to hear Puerto Rico on debt restructuring
- El Nuevo Dia - Piensan proyecto Duffy puede ser parte de una transaccion
- National Catholic Reporter - Puerto Rico's debt crisis
- American Prospect - How Hedge Funds Deepen Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis
- Valuewalk - Puerto Rico expected to float "Superbond" offer in private meeting today
- Albany Times Union - Jubilee Protects All of Us
- Catholic News Service - Archbishop visits Congress, White House in push to ease Puerto Rico debt crisis
- Reuters - Religious Leaders in Puerto Rico Condemn Austerity, Ask Fed for Help
- Los Angeles Times - Some Puerto Ricans, Discouraged by Financial Crisis, Plan to Move off Island
- Associated Press - Economists say Puerto Rico needs right to bankruptcy option
- TIME Magazine - Archbishop: Congress Should Allow Puerto Rico to Declare Bankruptcy