Dear Friends -
Jubilee USA is already working to win its 2017 agenda. I'm sharing some of our plans below.
Please make a gift that supports our 2017 bipartisan and interfaith campaigns. Jubilee USA wins policies that protect vulnerable communities across the world. All year-end gifts are tax-deductible and matched up to 20,000 dollars.
With your support, we can do the following in 2017:
- In the new Congress, with Republicans and Democrats, we will advance responsible lending and borrowing legislation. These efforts are critical to promoting global transparency, protecting the poor and preventing debt crisis.
- Puerto Rico's debt crisis comes to a head in the first months of the new year. Jubilee USA continues to be a leading organization working for all solutions. We work with our religious partners on the island and continue to engage with all stakeholders. We'll move forward debt relief for Puerto Rico and we'll push Congress to fulfill its commitment to address child poverty in Puerto Rico.
- At the G7, G20, United Nations and the White House we will advance a global bankruptcy process that prevents and resolves financial crisis.
- Battles are already brewing on payday lending, consumer financial protections and student debt. Jubilee USA is using its influence to make a difference.
- In 2017, we'll campaign for trade policies that alleviate poverty. Our efforts will focus on ensuring that trade agreements and negotiations support access to medicine, are pro-development and prevent exploitation from predatory groups.
- We will promote our legislation to stop corruption fueled by "anonymous shell companies." We'll run campaigns in seven states.
- Small developing islands from the Caribbean to the Pacific are wrestling with austerity, high poverty rates and debt crisis. Our work continues with religious leaders on these small islands as they win debt relief and accountability measures. We coordinate with, support and convene religious leaders across small islands, the United States and around the world to impact tax, trade and debt policies that impact the poor.
- We continue to grow and to build a powerful and inclusive interfaith coalition to influence both political parties to fight poverty. We'll run grassroots organizing initiatives in 2017 in Utah, Idaho, Arizona, Nevada, Minnesota, New York, South Carolina, Georgia, Maryland and Virginia.
Your investment in Jubilee USA builds a more responsible and transparent financial system. Whether your gift is $10, $1000, $100, $25 or $250 - your tax-deductible year-end gift is needed and will be matched up to 20,000 dollars.
Thanks for your partnership,
Jubilee USA Network
Jubilee USA Network
212 East Capitol St NE - Washington, DC 20003
(202) 783-3566 - email@example.com